What is Mission Possible?
It's WNIJ's attempt to raise $150,000 without program interruptions. The mission: eliminate the traditional pledge drive September 2017 to bring you news and information plus your favorite entertainment programs -- uninterrupted.
Now. The campaign began September 8 and runs through Friday, September 29, 2017.
$150,000 is the amount needed to bring you continued thorough, fact-based reporting on the issues affecting you and your community without interrupting programs. But this campaign is about so much more. In the face of reduced funding in the state of Illinois and a federal budget proposal to eliminate funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, WNIJ will not receive the level of funding provided in previous years; therefore, we need your support today.
How to participate?
Donate now! Make it possible.
Spread the word on Facebook. Show your support with the Mission Possible Facebook photo filter.
Big Easy Vacation Package
Don’t miss your chance to visit the City that Care Forgot. Mission Possible donors are automatically* entered to win a vacation to New Orleans February 4 – 10, 2018, courtesy of Compass Travel. Secure your chance and donate now.
The trip includes the following, for two:
- Motor coach transportation
- 6 nights lodging including 4 consecutive nights in the New Orleans area
- 10 meals: 6 breakfasts and 4 dinners
- Guided tour of New Orleans
- Admission to the National World War II Museum
- Guided tour of the Whitney Plantation
- Admission to Mardi Gras World
- Relaxing riverboat cruise on the Mississippi River
Support local businesses who help make it possible.