Fri November 22, 2013
Northern Illinois Hunters Ready For Firearm Deer Season
Illinois deer hunters will head to the fields this weekend. According to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, the seven-day firearm deer season opens Friday, Nov. 22 through Sunday, Nov. 24, and will conclude on Thursday, Dec. 5 through Sunday, Dec. 8.
Firearm deer hunters in 10 northern Illinois counties are required to register all deer harvested during firearm season by taking them to their county check stations shown below, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Biologists will be present to take Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) samples for testing at the time of registration. Testing is voluntary.
• Boone: Boone Co. Fairgrounds; 1/2 mi. N. of Rt. 76 and Bus. Rt. 20, Belvidere
• DeKalb: Shabbona Lake State Park; 4201 Shabbona Grove Rd., Shabbona
• Grundy: Gebhard Woods State Park/I & M Canal Trail; 401 Ottawa St., Morris
• Jo Daviess: Elizabeth Community Bldg.; 210 N. West St., Elizabeth - 1/2 mi. W. of business district on Hwy. 20, next to Highland C.C. Elizabeth campus
• Kane: Shabbona Lake S.P. (De Kalb Co.); 4201 Shabbona Grove Rd., Shabbona
• La Salle: Buffalo Rock State Park; 3 mi. W. of Ottawa on Dee Bennett Rd.
• McHenry: Moraine Hills State Park; McHenry Dam Day Use Area, E. of McHenry on River Rd., 2.2 mi. S. of Rt. 120
• Ogle: Castle Rock State Park; Rt. 2, 3 mi. S. of Oregon
• Stephenson: Stephenson County Fairgrounds; 1 mi. E. of Rt. 26 and Fairgrounds Rd., Freeport
• Winnebago: Rock Cut State Park; Loves Park, Rt. 173 entrance