Quinn Signs Billion Dollar Construction Plan
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn signed a new state capital construction bill. It invests $1.1 billion in road and bridge projects around the state. The plan will be paid for by selling bonds. Among the projects:
Ogle and Winnebago County
· $26 million to resurface 31 miles of Interstate 39/U.S. 51 in Winnebago and Ogle counties.
Carroll and Whiteside County
· $4 million to resurface 14.3 miles of Illinois 40 from Milledgeville to Coleta in Carroll and Whiteside Counties.
Bureau and LaSalle County
· $3.1 million to add additional lanes to Illinois 26 in Bureau County
· $2.8 million to resurface a portion of Illinois 71 in LaSalle County.
Lake and McHenry County
· $56.8 million to add lanes to U.S. 14 in Crystal Lake.
· $18.5 million to reconstruct the U.S. 41 interchange with Illinois 132 interchange in Gurnee.
· $9 million to resurface and rehabilitate U.S. 45/Illinois 21 (Milwaukee Avenue) in Lincolnshire and Buffalo Grove.