Tue November 5, 2013
Winnebago Co. Gets Grant To Upgrade Communications Equipment
The Winnebago County's Sheriff's office will receive a $10,000 grant to upgrade communications equipment. The money comes from the Sept.11th Fund. It's supported by part of the fee for each "America Remembers'' Illinois license plate.
According to the Illinois Emergency Management Agency, Illinois has spent more than $3.6 million in federal homeland security preparedness funding to develop nine mobile communication suites that have been strategically deployed across the state. The communications units, Illinois Transportable Emergency Communications Systems (ITECS), can be used by first responders at the site of a major disaster.
Other agencies receiving grants include:
· Champaign Fire Department
· Chicago Police Department/Office of Emergency Management and Communications
· City of Marion
· Crawford County Emergency Management Agency
· DuPage County Office of Emergency Management
· Springfield Police Department/Department of Homeland Security
· St. Clair County Emergency Management Agency
· Will County Emergency Management Agency