NPR Illinois and WNIJ will host the eighth Illinois Issues Forum on the state's financial health and the lasting impacts of the two-year-long state budget impasse. Support for the series is provided by AARP.
The panel will be moderated by Sean Crawford, Managing Editor of NPR Illinois. The panelists include:
- Deanna Cada, Director of the DeKalb County Community Mental Health Board
- Kristina Garcia, Executive Director of Conexion Comunidad
- Jeremy Groves, NIU Economics Professor
- Mary Ellen Schaid, Executive Director of Safe Passage
- Matt Streb, Chief of Staff to the President of NIU
The forum will be held on Tuesday, October 17, at Faranda's in DeKalb and focuses on how the impasse affects the northern Illinois community and the future fiscal health of Illinois. Register here.