Director of Individual Giving
Candidates should have professional experience in membership fundraising, direct mail campaigns and revenue growth. This position is responsible for the administration of the station's annual fund. Broadcast services include 89.5 WNIJ, NPR news and information along with Classical WNIU and NIRIS for print impaired citizens.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Working in a team environment to set and achieve annual fundraising objectives for individual giving. Provide specific input on annual fund strategies
- Lead efforts to seek, research and implement creative strategies to meet annual revenue targets
- Donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship while liaising with listeners and donors on a consistent basis
- Provide strategic leadership as well as overseeing all aspects of the NPR Sustainer Program
- Identification of leads for prospective corporate support opportunities
- Coordinate station and/or project specific appeals including capital, planned gift and endowment campaigns
- Analysis of donor data as cultivation tool and provide results and recommendations as requested
- Participate in on-air fundraising, station outreach activities and listener-donor stewardship events
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and development
- Adept at evaluating fundraising practices and revenue potential
- Established base of local corporate and individual relationships that can be cultivated and leveraged on behalf of the station
- Knowledge of and compliance with IRS rules and regulations along with related FCC, CPB, and other regulatory agency requirements
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office, data manipulation and fundraising tools including software programs for donor recordkeeping and data tracking to create efficiencies, manage projects, and drive strategic decision-making
- Enthusiasm for the mission of public broadcasting
- Skill in change management, including creating efficiencies and implementing new and emerging technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a diverse audience including colleagues, listeners, station members, potential donors and members of the business community
- Ability to work independently to create and execute a coordinated fundraising plan with minimal administrative support or resources
To apply, send letter of application, resume and three references to Staci Hoste, General Manager, Northern Public Radio, 801 N. 1st St., DeKalb, IL 60115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Materials must be received by July 27, 2015.
WNIJ Part-time Announcer
The Announcer/Board Operator presents seamless execution of network programming, ensuring outstanding presentation to WNIJ listeners. He or she operates the broadcast equipment; puts programming on the air; reads live announcements throughout the shift; produces voice-tracking for automated shifts; takes transmitter readings; and responds to non-routine and emergency situations.
- Effectively operate board during evening and/or weekend shifts and manage the details of programming execution.
- Deliver underwriting announcements, weather forecasts, forward promotion copy and other information essential to the listening audience live on the air.
- Monitor broadcast equipment and transmission for proper functioning and alert appropriate individuals when needed.
- Monitor Emergency Activation Alert system and deliver alerts as needed.
- Attend regular air-check sessions with Program Director to review and improve on-air performance.
- Participate in on-air fundraising and sponsorship activities as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good announcing skills and ability to correctly pronounce a variety of local and foreign words.
- Excellent board operation skills and ability to deliver seamless presentation with national programming.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and good judgment.
- Familiarity with public radio programming.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to remain poised and composed when problems arise.
Please email cover letter, resume and references to program director, Steve Shadley at email@example.com.
Northern Public Radio is the broadcast service of Northern Illinois University. NIU is an AA/EEO Institution. Pre-Employment Criminal Background check is required.